Monday, January 3, 2011

The Prep is worse than the pounds...

Okay, anyone who says it's easy to just jump in and start the weight loss, healthy new me thing is lying.
Like any good process it takes some preperation and sometimes the prep can get overwhelming if you decide that you ned to do it all at once. "I want what I want and I want it now and if it all isn't laid out there in front of me I just might not do it because if I don't have the one thing in place how can I start to do the other.
For example (this has nothing to do with te prep part... this morning I came into work. I had intended to
put my stuff in my offiice and then do a pedometer walk around the warehouse (because today is the start of our company fitness pedometer competition).... well, I walk thru the warehouse door and there is Channel 12 TV set up to do a piece on our Super Citrus Saturday coming up soon. My mind immeadiately says... oh no... you better wait to do your pedometer walk, because you don't want TV cameras capturing inadvertent shots of a crazy foodbank lady striding back and forth behind the main shot!
Our minds will do these things to us (I know I'm not the only one). If you don't have the right food available, well just wait till the next day to keep going. If you haven't bought the lock to the locker at the gym, just wait another day to go. If you don't have the new shoes you needed, don't start exercising.... and on  and on.
Lots of things have to be in place for the start of all this to go smoothly. That is not happening in my case so I just have to push thru all a pice at a time and keep moving ahead.
I will go to the YMCA today after work. I signed up last Wednesday, I need a lock for the locker, don't have it, so I'll dress before I go and throw everything in my car. Carry around the big set of keys. Who cares.
Don't have my diet in place. I think I will do weight watchers. The meeting I want to go to isn't untill Friday....so I will do yogurt and slim fasts until I get that established.
 Then I don't have to figure out a shopping list yet....
A bunch of little things that all take time...that can stop you in your tracks if you let them, I can't let them.
FORGE ON!!!
I really need to get my nails done. I wonder if the TV crew is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment