Tuesday, January 4, 2011

THE SCALE.....


When you work at the largest food bank in the United States things seem to work out in a BIG way...
including the scale. It's big . We actually have quite a few of these big scales. The more food that gives its weight over to those big scales , the more meals that go back out into the community. Those scales make the life of many of our employees easier as 72 million lbs of food equaling 72 million meals into our community pass over them at one point or another during the year.
SO, the powers that be thought it only appropriate that we have the weigh in for our company fitness program ON THAT BIG SCALE. Need I say more.

And subconciously that big scale worked on me as I was trying desperately to get to work this morning. I couldn't find my YMCA membership card...  The windsheild of my car was frozen over (yes in Phoenix)  I get to the parking lot at work and get halfway to the warehouse and realize I forgot my ID Badge in the car...  the lanyard to the ID badge breaks and it is somewhere in the parking lot..
I see the scale as I come thru the warehouse door, put my coat and the stuff I'm carrying down on a
pallet of stuff that gets taken away...

Then, the weigh in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment